Valley Street Lab Partners can help you establish a blood management program.
One of our core strengths is assisting health systems assess the effectiveness of their Patient Blood Management Programs and/or the need to establish a program. A successful PBM program includes a number of key ingredients:
- Establish best practice guidelines for blood product threshold criteria.
- Include both prospective and retrospective reviews of patient transfusions.
- Include system controls that are adhered to.
- The involvement of medical and lab personnel on a Transfusion committee.
- An engaged and willing medical team (including the Chief Pathologist).
- On-going training for staff.
- The timely distribution of meaningful data.
Implement your program with a patient blood management program veteran.
Our Patient Blood Management programs are led by a consultant with more than 25 years experience in supervising Blood Bank operations and incorporate a blood utilization software tool that provides on-going analytical data within hours of installation.
Blood product spending savings of 40%-50% is achievable with Valley Street Lab Partners.
We have seen multiple examples of clients saving 40%-50% in blood product spending amounting to millions of dollars in year over year savings with improved quality of care for their patients. With an aggressive approach and the support of the Chief Medical Staff, we can achieve results in excess of 20% in the first year post implementation.
The team of lab consultants at Valley Street Lab Partners has the expertise to deliver proven results to your organization. Adapting to the rapidly changing healthcare industry can create new opportunities for our clients to thrive. Contact us to begin the conversation.
Recent Case Studies
Jeff is an outstanding professional with the deep understanding of the lab services area within healthcare.
Barton RichardsManaging Director at The Claro Group