Analyze and manage testing for a shrinking bottom line.
Hospitals today must implement test utilization programs to assist with controlling the over-ordering of unnecessary tests and capture tests which are under-utilized. Frequently, we talk about ordering the right test at the right time for the right patient. When a hospital implements a test utilization system, a number of good things happen:
- Patients are subjected to fewer sticks which in turn improves patient satisfaction.
- Patients spend less out of pocket.
- Insurance companies pay less which in turn helps to keep premiums from increasing.
- Physicians know they have run all the proper tests to support their diagnosis and care plan – improves physician satisfaction.
- Hospital Administration is better equipped to negotiate bundled payment and risk-based contracts.
Click here to view a helpful presentation about new test utilization methods.
The team of lab consultants at Valley Street Lab Partners has the expertise to deliver proven results to your organization. Adapting to the rapidly changing healthcare industry can create new opportunities for our clients to thrive. Contact us to begin the conversation.
Recent Case Studies
Jeff’s work with the laboratory was exceptional! He asked all of the right questions to determine where cost savings or changes to processes should occur and not only found cost savings for our site but our entire System.
Sandy SteinlageLaboratory Director